If you feel isolated and alone because others don’t understand what you are going through…
a PACE Support Group can help!
For many people experiencing panic anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder or an eating disorder, feelings of isolation can be an obstacle to recovery. Sufferers often feel like they’re lost and alone, cut off from the people they love and the person that they used to be. This can be made worse when those around them struggle to understand.
In a PACE Recovery Support Group you will meet other people who understand what you are going through and how you are feeling.
The aim of Recovery Support Groups is to foster hope and resilience by allowing participants to share their experiences and skills, and help each other to build a long term plan for recovery and wellbeing. Everyone is welcome to share, but there is no pressure to share your story unless you are comfortable and willing to do so.
In addition to social support, PACE Recovery Support Groups will provide you with information and strategies which can assist you in your journey towards recovery. Each of our support groups is co-facilitated by a PACE Peer Worker who has a lived experience of recovery.
If you’re looking to build your support network, learn strategies which will help you in your recovery, or you just want to come along and sit in on a support group to find out more, contact PACE today.
PACE Recovery Support Groups are regular, ongoing groups, and new members are welcome to join at any time. Anyone over the age of 16 can attend, there is no charge, and you’re welcome to bring a support person or family member with you.
PACE currently offers the following Recovery Support Groups:
Panic and Anxiety
- Panic and Anxiety Recovery Support Group at Morphett Vale
- Panic and Anxiety Recovery Support Group at Elizabeth
- Panic and Anxiety Recovery Support Group at Seaton
- Panic and Anxiety Recovery Support Group at Glynde
- Panic and Anxiety Recovery Support Group at Gawler
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- OCD Recovery Support Group at Payneham
- OCD Recovery Support Group at Morphett Vale (New group starting in May 2017)
- Eating Disorders Recovery Support Group at Payneham
- Eating Disorders Recovery Support Group at Morphett Vale (New group starting in May 2017)
- Binge Eating Recovery Support Group at Payneham
- Hoarding Recovery Support Group at Modbury
- Hoarding Recovery Support Group at Elizabeth Park
- Hoarding Recovery Support Group at Morphett Vale
- Hoarding Recovery Support Group at Seaton
For information or to register for a group phone 1800 809 304 or 8159 1400, or email email@example.com
PACE also deliver Recovery Programs several times per year. Recovery Programs are structured group programs which are delivered over a set number of weeks. The programs are not open to new members once the group has started, and people must register to attend.
Upcoming Recovery Programs: